Sunday, March 19, 2017
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-wheat flour
3/4 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
11/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cups canola oil
3/4 cup milk
1 (6 ounce) bag fresh baby spinach
1/2 cup mashed banana (from about 1to 2 bananas)
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line two 12-cup muffin pans with paper liners.
2. Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl: flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a blender,, place oil, milk, and spinach. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until completely pureed. Add banana and vanilla, blend on low just to mix.
4. Pour pureed mixture into dry mixture and fold together with a rubber spatula until completely combined.
5. Fill muffin cups about 2/3 full and bake 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Note: you can use 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour for an all whole-wheat option. You can possibly use spelt four too.