Monday, February 22, 2010

YUMMY Rolls

2 T. Yeast
2 C. Warm Water(I don't do this...see down below at dry milk.)
1/3 c. softened/pretty much melted butter
2 t. slat
1/3 c. and a half of a 1/3 cup sugar (I only did 1/3 and a bit more)
1 egg
2/3 c. dry milk ( I didn't have any, so I just did 2 cups scaled milk, no water)
5-6 c. flour

Mix all ingredients, (except flour, only do 2 cups) in a bowl with a fork or wooden spoon. (this batter will look lumpy) let sit for 5 min. Then add the remaining flour, one cup at a time. {I did about 5 cups total plus a bit more for table kneading} This dough will still look lumpy. once combined dump onto counter top and knead until it comes together.(I bet you could do this in a bosch? I just did it exactly how the recipe said) (kind of sticky dough) Put back into bowl and let rise until double. (about 1 hour) then punch down and divide into 2 balls.
Roll out one ball into a rectangle. pour some melted butter over the top and cut down middle and then into long triangles. Roll each one up like a crescent and put on a buttered cookie sheet. once they are all done, let rise for another 45 min or hour.

Bake at 350 for 10 min.

*I also just made these as cinnamon rolls and orange rolls and they were to DIE for. for orange rolls roll out, spread melted butter, sprinkle sugar and zest one orange. roll up and then recipe is same. for cinnamon rolls, melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins! bake for about 12 min.
*these are GREAT scones! only let it raise the first time then roll out, cut in shapes and fry.

No comments: