Thursday, October 27, 2011

berry baked french toast

*From Giada on Food Network
*If you don't like the texture of soggyish bread (which I don't except in this and bread and butter custard) this isn't for you. But after it sits out for about 20 min or so and cools, it's not as soggy, but I prefer it warm.

3 eggs
1 1/2 c. Milk (I used half and half becasue it was in my fridge and I needed to use it)
a little over 1/4 c. maple syrup
pinch of salt
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 lemon zested (I didn't have a lemon, but I did do a few squirts of lemon juice, but this would be great!)

1/2 of loaf of bread cubed (I had half of a loaf of duch crunch bread in the freezer)
frozen or fresh berries (I used the tripple berries from costco)

topping:
1 1/2 T. sugar
1/2 t. cinnamon

*Mix first 5 ingredients in a bowl. Then add cubed bread and make sure each cube is covered in mix. Add berries and stir. Dump into a buttered 8x8 pan. sprinkle with sugar cinnamon topping Bake at 375 for 45 min or until custard is set.

yummy with a drizzle of maple syrup, but doesn't need much!!

No comments: