Friday, November 11, 2011

Poppy Seed Chicken

OK so this recipe is not like an amazing healthy meal. It is just the “normal busy day cant think of what to make for dinner but I have chicken and Ritz crackers” meal…Not to mention it really is not healthy at all...So it is what it is. This is the second recipe I have tried for this meal and I like this one a lot better! The little man loved it so that’s always a plus. We had it over rice with a salad and some peas. Its just a nice easy meal.

recipe from: The Girl Who Ate Everything

5 cups chicken breasts, cooked and cubed(I did about 5 Breasts but the were kind of small and I only got like 3 1/2 cups so I didn't use all of my sauce just because I didn't want it to feel like we were just eating a bowl of sauce with a few chicken pieces here and there. So next time I will just make sure to do more chicken.

1 cup sour cream(I only had like 3/4 c sour cream but had plain Greek yogurt so I topped off the cup with that)

2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup

2 cups crushed Ritz crackers (about 1 1/2 rolls of crackers)

1/2 cup melted butter

1 T poppy seeds

1 tsp Worchestire sauce

1 tsp celery salt

1 tsp minced garlic

1 T lemon juice

1/4 tsp pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Boil raw chicken breasts with salt and pepper until done. I like to boil it with half an onion cut into large chunks to give it more flavor. Let chicken cool slightly and cut into one inch cubes. Place cubed chicken in a 9X13 casserole dish.

Stir together the condensed soup and sour cream. Stir in the worchestire, celery salt, garlic, lemon juice, and pepper to the soup and sour cream mixture. Pour over the chicken.

In a separate bowl, stir together the crushed crackers, poppy seeds and melted butter. Sprinkle over the chicken and sauce.

Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until the top of the casserole is browned and the sauce is bubbly.



No comments: