Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Cilantro and Lime Butter Grilled Corn


I got this recipe from my friends blog.  She posted it a couple months ago and I have been dying to try it ever since.  So did and it was AMAZING! Seriously I think I may have a hard time going back to just plain corn...
The picture of the corn from her blog wasnt working so this will do i guess... It just doesnt show the cheese.


1 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro 
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 tsp. finely grated lime zest 
2 tsp. fresh lime juice 
Coarse salt 
12 ears of corn, husked
Grated cotija or parmesan cheese for sprinkling (I actually didnt have either when I have made it the past 2 times so next time I really want to try one.) 

Directions
Puree cilantro, butter, lime zest, lime juice & 1/2 tsp. salt in food processor (I used the blendtec and it was fine but I bet a food processor would have worked a lot better).

Heat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with some of the cilantro butter (don't be shy load it on its so good!) & season with salt. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until nicely charred and bright in color. About 12-15 minutes. Remove from grill and brush corn again with remaining cilantro butter. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Serve warm.

No comments: