Tuesday, June 5, 2012

SALADS


Ok so I have really pondered about how to post these recipes because they arent really "recipes".  More of just ideas for some salads that I have done for lunch lately that I dont want to forget.  So I guess I will just get right into it.  I have four different ones.  They are pretty similar but still different enough that I will do all 4.

Most of these ideas have come from a salad that mom made about 3 months ago that was the most amazing salad I have ever had! She didnt put dressing on it and it was just so yummy with out! So I didnt put dressing on any of these salads because I like it without but you could do whatever dressing sounds good to you. So this first one is like the one Mom made but not exactly since I didnt have all of the ingredients but I will put what she did as well...


#1
Romaine Lettuce
Spring mix
Baked beets peeled and sliced
Boiled/sliced and salted red potatoes( mom did fingerling potatoes but they are more pricey... I still liked the red just as much but they arent as fun since some fingerlings are multi colored)
Gorgonzola cheese
Sautéed mushrooms and onions



-- Moms other addins
Cherry tomatoes
Steak sliced thin...I think that is everything. Mom if there is anything else please add it on :)

#2
Romaine lettuce
Spring Mix
Sautéed mushrooms and onions
Baked beets Peeled and sliced

Gorgonzola Cheese
Leftover baked asparagus(toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, italian seasoning. bake for 10-12 min 350-400 so yummy!)
Leftover sliced chicken (Marinated in Costcos Veri Veri terryaki sauce for about 6 hrs then grilled)



#3
Romaine lettuce
Spring mix
Baked beets peeled and sliced
Sauteed mushrooms and onions
Gorgonzola cheese
Leftover Salmon Grilled with Konriko Creole seasoning
Leftover Multigrain rice from Costco


#4
Spring Mix
Sauteed mushrooms and onions(Apparently I like this...and I just made a bunch of it when I did it so I       needed to use it up some how :)
Leftover grilled corn cut off the cob.  (before grilling brush on soy sauce and keep basting with soy sauce while grilling)
Leftover Chicken marinated in Delicious Soy Sauce Marinade
A couple spoonfuls of cottage cheese
A little bit of Feta Cheese

No comments: