Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Almond & Orange Spinach Salad

I got this recipe from my new favorite website/blog called the spunkycoconut.com. It is really cool you should check it out. But this salad is SO yummy I loved it. It is more of a sweet salad dressing and salad so when you are in the mood for sweet and something fresh this is perfect.

-SALAD-
Spinach
Freshly Chopped Almonds
Oranges(I like a lot of both the oranges and the onions so however may you want)
Carmelized onions (depending on how much you want 1/2 to one onion should be good)

-DRESSING-
Add to blender:
1/4 cup almond butter
1/4 cup orange juice
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup agave
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp gluten-free tamari sauce
1/4 tsp celtic salt

*I didnt have tamari sauce so I looked it up online to even see what it was and it is a mixture of a few things mostly ginger and rice wine vinegar. so I just did about a tsp of the vinegar and just a little bit of the ginger. I also just used Real salt instead of celtic salt.

No comments: