Sunday, May 15, 2011

whole wheat chocolate chip pancakes

Ok, this went against all I believe to give chocolate for breakfast. but these pancakes had hardly any sugar, plus, if I give whipped cream or coffee cake for breakfast every once in a while, these are for sure ok! even healthier!

1 egg
1 1/2 buttermilk (I didn't have any, so I used half soy milk and half reg milk with lemon juice)
3 T. canola oil
2 T. water
1/2 t. vanilla
1 3/4 c. whole wheat flour (when I do whole wheat flour I always "sift" and don't do the exact cup full)
2 T. brown sugar
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
chocolate chips (I love semi-sweet)

Mix wet ingredients first, then add dry and whisk until smooth. I prefer to mix the chocolate chips in the batter before I pour onto griddle. This may seem weird, but it was so so good with just a touch of pure maple syrup over it. The pancakes aren't really sweet, and just a touch of maple goes surprisingly really good with the chocolate and whole wheat flavor!

No comments: