Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Best Ever Cornbread


So I have been on the search for a really yummy cornbread recipe...Well I think this is it!! I got it from my sister in law Camilla. I think she said she found it on all recipes but I cant remember. Either way I am so happy she found it! I love it! I feel like all the other recipes I try are either dry, too sweet, or crumbly. This recipe is so good because it is so moist and doesnt crumble and it is the perfect sweetness.

1/2 cup unsalted butter(I have always done normal salted butter and it works great)
2/3 cup sugar (I do like a heaping 1/3 cup)
2 eggs beaten lightly
1 cup buttermilk (I have just done buttermilk because I had it on hand but camilla has just done the milk with lemon juice and it still turns out great)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup cornmeal
1 cup flour ( I usually do 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white)

Melt the butter in the microwave until soft. Pour it into your mixer and mix it with the sugar until well combined. Combine your buttermilk and baking soda together on the side in a small bowl then pour into the mixer with the eggs and beat until combined. Add salt, cornmeal and flour into the mixer but this time stir by hand until fully incorporated but with a few lumps still. You don't want to overwork it or it will be tough!
Pour the mixture into a greased 8 inch pan..

Bake at 375 for 25 - 35 minutes... you'll just have to check and keep an eye on it. If you use a non stick pan it cooks quick so be careful!

No comments: