Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Potato Leek Chowder


I'm going to try hard to not make this recipe confusing...I looked at a bunch of different potato leek soup recipes and just compiled them and threw stuff in. So here it goes...

2 Large Leek (mostly just the white part but a little bit of green too)
5 Medium Potatoes Diced
3-4 Tbs. Butter
4-5 C. Chicken Broth( depending on how much broth you want. I did about 5)
2 C. Milk(I had like a 1/4 cup of cream that I needed to use so I threw that in and then did 1 percent milk for the rest)

Spices to taste:

Salt
Pepper
Parsley
Chives
Garlic Powder
Garlic Salt
Dash of Nutmeg

Saute Potatoes and leeks with butter in large pot. Add chicken broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Gradually add the milk and continue heating the chowder DO NOT BOIL. Stir in the spices and just test it until you like the taste. We all loved it! Even little man loved it!

No comments: