Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Chewy Ginger Cookies



These cookies are SO yummy! I love them! They are really fun to make around Christmas time. The only trick with these is to NOT over cook them. At least if you like them to be yummy, soft, and chewy. But if you like a crunchy more well done cookie then go for it!


Mix together in electric mixer until well combined:

1 Stick Butter
1/4 C. Shortening(I have never done shortening I just do butter. So 1 and 1/2 cubes)
1 C. Brown sugar ( I usually do 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
1 Egg
1/4 C. Molasses

Then add:

2 1/4 C. Flour
2 tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 tsp. Cloves


The recipe says to chill but I have made them and not chilled and they have still turned out...roll into balls and dip in sugar. I usually bake them at 360-365 for 9 min then leave them on the pan for about 3 min after I take them out of the oven. (recipe says 375 for 10 min) So yummy!

No comments: